Our History

SERVING PITTSBURGH, MCCANDLESS, HAMPTON TOWNSHIP AND ALLISON PARK, PA

The Dentonics Dental Practice is one of the oldest continuing dental practices in Western Pennsylvania. We are proud of our history, spanning almost a hundred years general and cosmetic dentistry history and innovation. It was originally established by Dr. H.A. Anderson in the year 1925 in the East Liberty area of Pittsburgh. It was later moved to the Medical Arts Building in Oakland and then to 3504 Fifth Ave, also in Oakland.

In 1981 it was moved to the Allison Park location. It has always been known and sought out for its tradition of the highest quality dentistry and customer service. Dr. Robert Schoewe and Dr. Robert Rylands became the principal dentists of this practice in the 1950’s.  Dr. Joe Quartuccio came on board in the late 1970’s, Dr. Susan Schoewe in the 80’s, Dr. Tim Gross in the 90’s, and Dr. Chuck Frye in 2008. It is not unusual for fourth generation patients to be cared for by second and third generation dentists and staff members. We even have  a few patients who were originally treated by the founding dentist, Dr. Anderson!

Dr. Quartuccio and Dr. Frye are now the principal Dentists, providing the excellent Dentistry that is this practice’s legacy.  We invite you to contact us and learn more about our innovative team in the Pittsburgh and Allison Park, Pennsylvania areas.